- At a certain time after Kirin is spawned, he will begin to summon weaker versions of Seiryu, Genbu, Suzaku, and Byakko. There is no order as to which one will be spawned first.
- Has an auto-regen effect.
- Grants title: Kirin Captivator
- Stonega IV: Strong AoE Earth based magic damage. (Circle of effect originates from spell target)
- Stone V: Strong single target Earth based magic damage.
- Quake: Strong single target Earth based magic damage.
- Rasp: Single target Earth based DoT that reduces target's Dexterity.
- Sleepga: AoE Sleep Magic. (Circle of effect originates from spell target)
- Deadly Hold: Strong single target physical damage.
- Tail Smash: Single target physical damage with Bind additional effect.
- Great Whirlwind: Single target magic damage with Choke additional effect.
- Heat Breath: Frontal cone AoE Fire based damage.
- Astral Flow: Allows Kirin to summon a random avatar to use its strongest bloodpact.
- Kirin is capable of using this ability even if his MP is at 0 (unlike a player on the Summoner job)
Qilin (Kirin in Japanese) was a creature in Chinese mythology said to have the head of a dragon, the antlers of a deer, the scales of a fish, the hooves of an ox, and the tail of a lion. It is said that the Qilin is a benevolent creature, only becoming violent when a good person is threatened by a sinner, in which, among other ways, it will attack the sinner by breathing fire.
While the dialogue spoken by Kirin when he is spawns suggests that he is one of the Shijin of East Asian mythology (see Seiryu, Suzaku, Genbu, and Byakko), he is never in actuality associated with them, but is another prominent creature.
This page last modified 2011-11-04 01:33:00.