- Khimaira can appear as the boss Notorious monster for floor 60, 80, and 100 in Nyzul Isle.
- Hydra or Cerberus are capable of appearing in place of Khimaira as the boss Notorious Monster for floors 60, 80, and 100.
- Has lower attack, defense, and HP than the Khimaira that appears in Caedarva Mire.
- Tourbillion: Strong AoE physical damage with additional Knockback effect. Can be absorbed by three shadows.
- Will only perform this TP move if the wings are upright. Critical hits and/or large amounts of damage can cause the wings to "break", preventing Khimaira from further using Tourbillion.
- Dreadstorm: Strong AoE magical Thunder damage with additional Terror effect.
- Thunderstrike: Strong AoE magical Thunder damage with additional Stun effect.
- Tenebrous Mist: AoE TP reset
- Fossilizing Breath: Frontal cone AoE petrification
- Plague Swipe: Strong physical cone AoE damage with additional Bio effect from behind. Can be absorbed by shadows. Will only occur when a character has drawn hate from behind it. (Similar to Fafnir and Nidhogg's Spike Flail tp move conditions.)
- Fulmination: Massive AoE Thunder damage with additional Paralysis effect. The paralysis effect is extremely potent, and should be removed from tanks and stunners immediately. Khimaira will only begin using this TP move when its HP has reached 25%.
- Only the Khimaira that appears on floor 100 is capable of performing Fulmination.
The Chimaera (being attributed as being a female) was a monstrous creature in Greek Mythology, possessing the head, body, and legs of a lion (the head being capable of spouting fire), a snake for a tail, with a goat's head sprouting from her back. It was an offspring of the monster Echidna and the Titan Typhon, and whose siblings included Cerberus (see Cerberus), the Lernaean Hydra (see Hydra), and the Nemean Lion (see Nemean Lion).
The Chimaera met her death at the hands of the hero Bellerophon who, while riding the winged horse Pegasus, thrust a spear equipped with a lump of lead into the mouth of the lion head, where the intense flames within melted the lead, subsequently choking her to death.
This page last modified 2009-01-16 04:05:29.