|Connected Areas:||Bastok Mines|
|Quests for Bastok Markets|
|Mobs found in Bastok Markets|
|Items found in Bastok Markets|
Smokestacks from the metalworks rise above the streets of Bastok Markets, a lively hub of commerce in a city focused on industry and technology. Bastok Markets is a welcome sight for adventurers who have braved the trek from elsewhere in Vana'diel. Likewise, countless new adventurers have taken their first steps into battle from Bastok's front gates.
Bastok Markets is known for its goldsmithing guild, as well as its nearby auction house, music store and various other shops. This zone is also home to Brygid, perhaps the most fashionable resident of Vana'diel.
The Map of the Bastok area, which includes Bastok Markets, can be purchased for 200 gil from Karine and several other NPCs.
Screenshots from Bastok Markets:
I'm not even sure who would hear me if I asked a question. Don't see changes for type of speech (shout, say, group etc).
This should give people a laf: Til about 5th lvl I thought TP was exhaustion and would sit after fights til it dropped to zero....often reading a magazine in boredom. :D
Edited, Sun Jun 25 22:51:27 2006
Although I am biased due to my citizenship, Bastok is my favorite nation for many reasons.
1. The music is easily the best
2. On fairy, a majority of the people are San D'Orian. Bastok still regularly does well in conquest, and I have the supplies quest done to both West Ronfaure and West Sarutabaruta
3. It is easy to navigate, and has the Smithing, Goldsmithing, and Alchemy guilds, all of which are essential crafts.
4. The NPCs are friendly and helpful, wheras you often recieve a cold reception from San D'Orian NPCs.
5. I personally like Hume and Galka characters, and although I don't roleplay it's fun to think of Bastok as my character's hometown.
There are things I like about San D'Oria and Windurst too but Bastok will always be my Country
2. wild onion (or 2 other foods) to cook just down the street; amount you receive depends on when you trade. Zone, repeat.
3. steam clock quest: profitable. Stack of quus from AH or fish, head out to lighthouse in SoGusta, look for ??? bush in back, trade one quus, fight Bubbly Bernie (easy, he's prob around level 9, easiest NM in the game), get clock and return to woman in house just before the bridge to Port (2d room). Repeat until quus are gone. You get 6k gil from a stack of quus, plus good fame and title.
4. when you can go to Dunes easily, moss quest with sheepherder in Selbina (Bastok, Jeuno, Selbina and Rabao fame). 14 stacks of Boyahda moss will max your fame in all 4 cities named. Pain in the **** to trade moss, one at a time, but you get back a decent amount of gil, cutting the cost of the moss. (1st time, need millicorn, cabbage and moss; repeats, best to use moss). Don't remember any more, this might also work on Sandy fame. Post correction if you know.
Note: zinc quest (zine ore to guard downstairs in Warehouse 2 in Port) is Tenshodo fame, not Bastok fame, BUT good if you want Nin.
Edited, Sat Jan 21 05:33:38 2006
Bone 100+3+Sign/Leather 60+1
GS 51/Smith 53/Fishing 29
On Caitsith Sandy is always first, then Bastok, Then Windy!
I find Windurst WAY too hard to navigate through, and Bastok not quite so hard but yeh, whereas Sandy, is my fav of all citys
Whats a simple mission for an Lev 5 Char in Bastok at startup?
on a side note, nothing very special comes from the asura server, except our high prices :(
Before the San d'Orians could mass a force to deal with the new kingdom to the
south, the attacks began. Bastok using it's newly created army made quick work
of the outlying San d'Orian southern defenses. Meanwhile the Taru's and
beastmen to the east launched assault upon assault on the empire's eastern
boarder. Finally a massive assault on the defenses at Sauromogue by the
taru broke through the lines of knights. Every last Elvaan fought bravely,
every last Evlaan was killed. In the south the Bastokan's turned their
attention to the key grounds of the Konschtat Highlands. If they could
control these lands Bastok would be safe from counter attack. In a battle
of epic nature, the San d'Orian knights and Bastokan army battled San D'oria
made one last push under the leadership of their first female warrior
Lady Eldie Mantiant. Bastok was forced from the Highlands, but at a horrible
price. The legions of San D'oria had been all but wiped out.
Now you know
I haven't play it yet but, where were you go when you first play it online.
and for leveling outside.. try Z. Mines......
and its ment for level ones >.> 4+ no
Free account required to postYou must log in or create an account to post messages.